Here it is, the 43 mm new Single Red Rolex Sea Dweller for 50 anniversary with cyclops!..
It’s called the Ref 126600 and priced at $10.800 ask your dealer to reserve one for you!…
In my humble opinion, the following new models will be the 2017 Rolex News at Basel World…
UPDATE 10 March 2017:
Is this the NEW 2017 Rolex Sea Dweller? Now in a bigger 43 mm diameter, Single Red writing of Sea Dweller and don’t ask my why but yes you see it correctly, it’s got a cyclops for it’s 50th anniversary 1967 – 2017 ….
From my personal 7 years Rolex Watches seller experience, the old size Sea Dweller was not selling very well. People rather buy the Submariner, as those look have become much more iconic then the old size lookalike Sea Dweller ref 116600. They’re now indeed looking to much the same. I could life with a bigger size of 43 mm diameter but not with the cyclops. The Sea Dweller never had a cyclops because it could not withstand the bigger pressure and loosen from the crystal. Maybe Rolex found a solution to this problem and integrated a cyclops inside the crystal?
But apparently selling Rolex has become more important then being historical correct thus the Rolex marketing department decided differently by adding the cyclops as most probably some study showed that the modern Rolex buyer wants the cyclops. Anyways, at least the Sea Dweller is single red again for it’s 60th anniversary!
When Rolex adds the 43 mm instead of the old 40 mm Sea Dweller you will see new diameters of 43 & 44 mm. Which will make the Sea Dweller different again then the Submariner.
By bringing the 43 mm, add some iconic red and a cyclops, you have a Big Sub that doesn’t “bite” the other 8 basic versions..
The enormous production of a luxury watch brand like Rolex is quite an impressive proces. Due to the high production numbers of nearly 800.000 watches each year, it’s impossible for Rolex to present us something totally new every year. Even much smaller manufactories like Hublot, Patek Philippe, Tag Heuer, Omega, Panerai etc. have problems of entertaining their clients on such a regular basis. It takes years (6-8 yrs) of research and development to come up with something completely new that is working like Rolex standards in all conditions.
So what we often see at Basel World is that Rolex brings suitable adjustments, minor differences by using new colors on the dials or bezels, updated bracelets or new case diameters. All with all Basel World show has become more of an important marketing show instead of introducing spectacular watch news and new models.
- The “Coca Cola” Black & Red Rolex GMT Master is getting back in ceramic bezel and stainless steel case. The past is important to master the future!
- The new annual calendar Day Date based on the YachtMaster II & Sky Dweller movement is going to be introduced. In the near future there will be a “Family of Rolex Watches” based on this new caliber!….
- Above, the new Annual Calendar Rolex Day Date in white with black dial and below in pink gold and diamond index…
- The new Annual Calendar Day Date in white gold with silver dial…
- The new yellow gold Annual Calendar Day Date with brown dial and leather strap bringing back the 2-tone dial effect…
- The legendary “Sea-Dweller” is having has been introduced in 1967…
- Then the stainless steel 50- anniversary Sea Dweller will be having a red line, finally, RED is back after 50 years!!
But it also grew in size, now in 43mm deep sea proportions & Rolex added a cyclops…So compared to one of the best selling Rolex, the Submariner this new Sea Dweller is having correct case proportions ( Sub has chunky lugs and almost square by size)
Here is the 1967 version of the Sea Dweller, the legendary “Single Red Sea Dweller” prototype with 500m = 1650 FT depth print on the dial and the very first versions where having a non valve case. Little later Rolex added the helium valve to handle the depth.
- The white gold Sea-Dweller 50th anniversary 1967-2017. Blue has become the new green for this precious metal anniversary model.
- The “Sea-Dweller” and the “Minute Track” are in elegant blue for this anniversary Ref 116609….
Every year before the BaselWorld Show starts we wish Rolex would come with something super special. Something that’s totally new and surprises us Rolex lovers. For some this something is a historical incarnation of an iconic reference for others a new invention of a perpetual calendar. With other words, the Pre Basel gossips is for Rolex an easy tool to build up the tension and a free to hear what the market wants, this so they can adjust the popularity of their collection by adding small details & new colors in the future. The Rolex Basel World 2017 News.
- The new updated ceramic bezel Rolex Explorer II will be introduced. To make this reference even stronger to survive in expeditions, Rolex changed the steel bezel to a black ceramic one. At the same time the whole look becomes more appealing
Black & White Explorer II Ref 216570 LN…
And with the black dial, it’s looks even more evil ?
- The New Daytona Ceramic will be introduced in steel and gold – Ref 116523LN.
- With black dial…
- Above & below, the steel and gold ceramic Daytona- Ref 116523LN with black & white dial. Hopefully new designs are made.
Here are all different Daytona versions next to each other. Which one do you like the most? I think I go for the black one.
Then after the success of the Everose Gold Yachtmaster had with rubber strap and matt black Cerachrom insert in ceramic, will be continued for other Yachtmaster models. The outdated regular 35 & 40 mm steel Ref 116622 & 168622 will get the updated new black bezel..
- The steel Yachtmaster 40 mm will get an ceramic bezel as well – Ref 116622LN.
- Above with new Blue dial and black ceramic bezel is a hot combination and below with new 2016 Yacht Master Rhodium Grey dial with blue accents
- Below with old school platinum dial and kautschuk is a great combi…
The “Oyster Flex” bracelet, which I personally don’t think fits perfectly to the case, the public likes a lot. After introducing it last year on the rose gold Yachtmaster it’s time now to get the production up and offer it for the highly in need of an update, steel Yachtmasters..
- New Rolex patent. A Big Date?? perhaps in the new “Turn O Graph Traveler”??